Friday, March 16, 2012

Guilty: Invisible Children Co-Founder Takes March Madness Literally

It's been quite a whirlwind month for Invisible Children founder Jason Russell. One minute he's posting the hottest viral video of the moment (79 million hits, fuck me). The next, he's caught publicly masturbating on a sidewalk in San Diego. As flattered as I am that he thinks my fellow neighbors and I would enjoy a little pre-Patty's Day peep show, I am a little concerned for this guy. I mean, The Media reported that he was hospitalized due to severe "exhaustion, dehydration, and malnutrition." Maybe we should send him a Get Well bouquet? Or a case of Ethos water.



I always crack up at The Media's portrayal of celebrity hospitalizations. Lindsay Lohan in rehab again? Over-worked. Courtney Love seen looking disheveled and begging for change on Hollywood Boulevard? Vitamin D deficiency.

Come on now, NBC and the like, it is 2012. According to the Mayans, we have a very short time left on this Earth, so shouldn’t we cut the bullshit and start being real with each other?

Here is how I would have reported this incident if I was still writing for The Media (although come to think of it, maybe my penchant for explicit detail was the real reason I was canned)...



Verdict:  Viral videos are good for business. Unless your business is masturbating in public.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Judge for yourself: